1) The Third Plenum is the third meeting of China’s Central Committee since a once-in-a decade leadership change took place a year ago.
2) The Third Plenum is significant because it tends to focus on economic policy and in the past has been used as a platform to launch major reforms.
3) The meeting is expected to be held under tight security and little news of the discussions is likely to be made public until the plenum closes.
4) Expectations for change are high, with Yu Zhengsheng, China’s fourth-ranked politician, promising “unprecedented” reforms at the plenum.
5) China’s leaders could avoid reform on politically-sensitive subjects such as the state-owned enterprises, analysts say, adding that the devil will be in the detail and what action Beijing actually takes once the plenum is over.
Read the rest of the article at CNBC
This article is for general information purposes only. It is not investment advice or a solution to buy or sell securities. Opinions are the authors; not necessarily that of OANDA Corporation or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers or directors. Leveraged trading is high risk and not suitable for all. You could lose all of your deposited funds.