Chinese industrial profits fell by 6 percent in August. Making it the fifth month in a row that registered a drop. The goverment has been asked to introduce measure to stop the slowdown and boost economic growth.The Bank of China followed the lead from the European Central Bank and the Federal Reserve by cutting lending and deposit rates. The Asian programs have smaller objectives and lagging the action of the West could be beneficial for the region as it can capture some of the benefits of its stronger currencies and higher interest rates.
Malaysia debt is expected to rise 10 percent this year.Growth in the South Asian country is forecasted around 5 percent in line to match last yearâ€™s figures.
Singapore and Hong Kong due to their respective pegs to the Fedâ€™s interest rate and the U.S. dollar could face an inflationary scenario that could fuel the already hot property market.Hong Kong has issued warnings and its looking into cooling the sector to avoid a property crash.
- Japan CPI Falls in August | OANDA Forex Blog 
- Japan Unemployment Falls to 4.2 Percent | OANDA Forex Blog 
- Japanese and South Korean Industrial Production Fall More Than Forecast | OANDA Forex Blog 
- Potential soft-landing in China Economy rather than a hard one: U.S. experts | OANDA Forex Blog 
- China Stocks Drop to 2009 Low on Concern Slowdown Will Persist | OANDA Forex Blog 
- Aussie Debacle Signaling China Hard Landing as Iron Market Melts | OANDA Forex Blog 
- Aussie Dollar Falls Amid European Stalemate, Before RBA | OANDA Forex Blog 
- Japan to Discuss Strong Yen with G7 members | OANDA Forex Blog 
- Malaysia Debt to Rise 10 percent this year | OANDA Forex Blog 
- BOJ Board Member Suggests Riskier-Asset Buys | OANDA Forex Blog 
- RBA: Financial Stability Review September 2012 | OANDA Forex Blog 
- Japan Azumi: there will be no vacuum in FX policy | OANDA Forex Blog 
- BoJ May Influence Yen to Escape Deflation | OANDA Forex Blog 
- Asia Will not match QE3 until after Infrastructure Growth | OANDA Forex Blog 
This article is for general information purposes only. It is not investment advice or a solution to buy or sell securities. Opinions are the authors; not necessarily that of OANDA Corporation or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers or directors. Leveraged trading is high risk and not suitable for all. You could lose all of your deposited funds.